Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA)
Bachelor In Maritime Logistics and Supply Chain Management (MLSCM)
Effective Date: 9 June 2023
Renewal Date: 15 June 2028
Credit hours for completing the program: 129 Credit hours
1. Emphasize the acquisition of knowledge about domestic and international maritime logistics sectors.
2. Instill an understanding of recent international logistics and value chain developments in the maritime industry and knowledge of fundamental concepts of international trade as it relates to maritime transportation.
3. Achieve an outstanding level of learning and training that prepares graduates to work effectively in the field of maritime logistics and supply chain.
4. Develop a wide range of transferable skills that graduates can use to succeed in the public and private sectors of the maritime industry and its related logistics and supply chain activities.
5. Support the UAE society, business sector, and industrial associations with highly competent graduates in the field of maritime logistics and supply chain management.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOS)
(K1) Discuss the fundamental concepts, principles, models, and regulations needed to manage key logistics activities, processes in the supply chain, and maritime logistics.
(K2) Identify the impact of related business environment factors in maritime logistics, supply chain management, and related fields.
(S1) Select effective strategies in maritime logistics, supply chain management, and other related contexts.
(S2) Apply qualitative/quantitative methods to investigate and solve problems in the fields of maritime logistics, supply chain, and other related contexts.
(S3) Analyze maritime logistics and supply chain issues by adopting information technology/ innovative solutions/ legal principles to make rational decisions.
(C1) Work creatively, effectively, and professionally as an individual and as a team member on a variety of problems using research, analysis, and problem-solving in maritime logistics, supply chain management, and related fields.
(C2) Manage the professional duties of individuals and groups with guidance in the fields of maritime logistics, supply chain, and other related fields.
“My team won the BP Ultimate Field Trip, winning a six-week summer placement in the US and Trinidad & Tobago. I also joined BP’s subsea & floating summer programme and was a runner-up in the Science, Engineering and Technology student of the year awards.”
Official Documents required for application to Sharjah Maritime Academy:
- The original twelfth-grade certificate certified by the Ministry of Education.
- In the case of foreign curriculum schools and schools outside the UAE:
a. Equivalency of the general secondary certificate from the Ministry of Education.
b. Eleventh-grade certificate attested by the Ministry of Education
c. Grade 10 certificate attested by the Ministry of Education
Certificate of English language in any of the following certificates and the percentages shown as follows:
EmSAT: 1100 / IELITS: 5 / TOFEL Institutional: 500/ International TOFEL (IBT) = 61
Additional Documents Required:
1. Two (2) personal photos.
2. A copy of the student's birth certificate.
3. A copy of the student's EID card + the guardians.
4. A copy of the passport of the student + guardian (in addition to the unified number, file and family number for UAE nationals)
5. A copy of the residence permit (for expatriates)
6. A copy of the family book (for UAE nationals)
7. A letter from the National Service authority (for male citizens of the UAE)
8. Certificate of Good Conduct - Criminal Status (Applied by the Ministry of Interior) submitted to the Sharjah Maritime Academy.
9. Salary letter from the student's guardian (for citizens of the Emirate of Sharjah and children of citizens of the Emirate of Sharjah) terms and conditions apply.
10. Deposit of application fees (660 dirhams - non-refundable)
11. Student and Parent Contact Details.
For Bank Deposit
Sharjah Islamic Bank
For more information, you can contact us.
+971 9 2089999
+971 9 2089560
+971 9 2089557
Maritime Logistics and Supply Chain Management is now considered by many as one of the most important maritime business sectors and one of the key competitive factors in shipping and entrepreneurship, exerting a huge impact on the local and global economy.
A graduate of the department can work as a Supply Manager in Shipping Companies, as a Supply Manager in Ports, in Transport Companies in Procurement Companies in Commercial, Banks and Financial Companies. as a Business Consultant, as a Freelancer In industrial and commercial companies, in a wide range of private and public sector companies and organizations.
Kick start your student journey with us!
Dive into your future with Sharjah Maritime Academy
Have you considered?
The Maritime Transport programme is designed to prepare our students for a versatile career in the maritime industry, ranging from Captains onboard ships to superintendents in shipping companies, owner site teams in shipyards, harbour masters, port operations managers, Government representatives in international fora. The programme is designed to meet current and emerging maritime industry requirements with world standard training facilities, modern teaching and learning technology, essential skills and the right professional attitude. The programme leads to Deck Marine Officers who meet the entry requirements for the Watchkeeper Certificate of Competency (2nd officer certificate), which give you the privilege to go all over the world and discover different nations.
The college provides diverse educational programs that all graduates may have a proper place in the world maritime industry. All maritime educational and training programs have been designed to meet the standards set by SMA and to satisfy the requirements of the STCW 78 as amended, in addition to the IMO model courses, which meet the conditions for the Certificates of Competency (COC), and set to satisfy the different needs of individuals, organizations and institutions in the maritime industry. Improving the educational, training, and personal skills of students, together with enhancing student’s sportive and social activities to meet the maritime industry demand. The program is qualifying Students for a variety of maritime business careers, giving a special advantage to those wishing to enter the shipping and port business and offshore operations.
Our Marine Engineering programme has been benchmarked against the best in the world and is designed to meet the standards set by the SMA and the requirements of STCW 78. We focus on instilling in our student's confidence, competence and communication skills to meet the demands of a fast-changing maritime industry and ocean environment. Graduates are well-prepared for a variety of maritime business careers, especially in Marine Engineering shipboard and shoreside. Join our programme for a promising career in the maritime industry.